We meet at 7:30 - 8:30 AM the first Thursday of each month at the Lofino Senior Center, 3868 Dayton-Xenia Rd Beavercreek Ohio 45432 for coffee and fellowship.
Purpose of Optimism
- To develop optimism as a philosophy of life utilizing the tenets of the Optimist Creed
- To promote an active interest in good government and civic affairs
- To inspire respect for the law
- To promote patriotism and work for international accord and friendship among all people
- To aid and encourage the development of youth, in the belief that the giving of one's self in service to others will advance the well-being of humankind, community life and the world.
Meet the Team
Greene Optimists Club leaders are critical to our mission. We are eager to help you learn more about the great work of our organization.
Rob Fortman II
Rob is a committed optimist and Financial Advisor with Edward Jones in Beavercreek.
Deron Schwieterman currently serves as the Director of Human Resources with Beavercreek City Schools. As a lifelong educator, Deron begin his career in 1994 as a 5th grade teacher. During his time with Beavercreek City Schools he has also served as a middle school assistant principal and elementary school principal. Deron’s passion for positivity and optimism is deep rooted. As a 10 year old, he participated in a local Optimist educational program which inspired him to learn more about Presidential history, sparking a lifelong passion for history and living life optimistically.
To become involved in any of the events you see above, whether you want to bring your child out to participate, volunteer, or just have questions, we're just a call away with your answers, next steps, or more information.